Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad and Hap Seng Consolidated Berhad shared a common history, with their founding some 38 years ago in Tawau, Sabah.
Started as a sundry shop in 1946 under the name Hap Seng (which means “Unity and Success”), the Company expanded into the timber business and thereafter rubber, cocoa and oil palm plantations with the incorporation of The River estates Ltd in 1950, the precursor of Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad.
With its plantation activities progressively focused on oil palm plantations, its three group of estates, notably the Tomanggong Group of Estates, Sungai Segama Group of Estates, Jeroco Group of Estates, are mainly located in the Lahad Datu region of Sabah. Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad now includes the Ladang Kawa Estate in Tawau and Pelipikan Estate in Kota Marudu.
Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Sdn Bhd was incorporated in Malaysia as a private limited company on 18 April 2007 before it was converted into a public limited company on 3 May 2007 and was known as Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad.
As at 16 November, Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad was listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.