MALAYSIAN SUSTAINABLE PALM OIL (MSPO)
The Malaysian Sustainable Palm Oil (MSPO) certification scheme is a national standard in Malaysia for oil palm industry comprising of plantations, independent and organised smallholder, and palm oil processing facilities. It is mandatory for plantations with certifications on Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) to obtain MSPO certification by 31st December 2018.
MSPO contains 7 principles:
- P1: Management commitment and responsibility.
- P2: Transparency.
- P3: Compliance to legal requirements.
- P4: Social responsibility, health, safety and employment condition.
- P5: Environment, natural resources, biodiversity and ecosystem services.
- P6: Best practices.
- P7: Development of new plantings.
Hap Seng Plantations Holdings Berhad group of companies (“Group”) has achieved the first MSPO certification for Pelipikan Estate on 1st September 2017. The Group is planning to achieve 100% MSPO certification for all of its operations by the end of December 2018.
Public Announcement Letter – MSPO: